PHILIPPINE REAL ESTATE and RELATED NEWS in and around the country . . .
.
.

Ayala eyes more PPP projects

By Lawrence Agcaoili (The Philippine Star) | Updated October 27, 2014 - 12:00am
Conglomerate looking at P123-B Lakeshore dike 

MANILA, Philippines - Conglomerate Ayala Corp. vowed to continue to participate in the bidding for major infrastructure projects under the government’s public private partnership (PPP) program amid the impending rebidding for the P35.4-billion Cavite – Laguna expressway.

“We will continue to participate in PPP projects, “ Ayala Corp. managing director John Eric Francia said in a text message.

Francia said the conglomerate through property giant Ayala Land Inc. is looking at the P123-billion Laguna Lakeshore expressway dike project – the largest PPP project to be rolled out by the Aquino administration.

The 47-kilometer expressway dike would facilitate traffic flow and mitigate flooding in the western coastal communities along Laguna Lake from Bicutan in Taguig City through Calamba to Los Baños in Laguna. The project also involves the reclamation of about 700 hectares of raw land.

Likewise, he disclosed the company is also interested in the P24.4-billion Bulacan bulk water supply project of the Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS) through Manila Water Company Inc. as well as the operation and maintenance (O&M) of Light Rail Transit line 2 (LRT-2) through Light Rail Manila Holdings (LRMH).

On the other hand, the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) is bidding out a contract to operate and maintain the LRT-2 system including the proposed P9.7 billion extension to Antipolo City and Port Area in Manila.

“Currently we are looking at LRT2 through LRM Holdings, Laguna Lakeshore through Ayala Land as well as Bulacan Water through Manila Water,” Francia said.

Ayala has a 50-percent stake in Team Orion with the other 50 percent owned by Aboitiz Land Inc. that submitted the best bid of P11.659 billion for the Calax project.

However, San Miguel Corp. (SMC) filed an appeal before the Office of the President questioning the disqualification of its unit Optimal Infrastructure Development Inc. for allegedly failing to comply with the bid requirement.

Malacañang issued a “stay order” last June 30 preventing the DPWH from implementing a June 11 resolution that disqualified the SMC unit. The diversified conglomerate submitted a bid of P20.1 billion for the project.

Last week, President Aquino said he is inclined on ordering a rebid for the project.
_________________________________________________________


real estate central philippines
Copyright ©2008-2017