PHILIPPINE REAL ESTATE and RELATED NEWS in and around the country . . .
.
.

Gov’t turns over P3.78 B to NHA for relocation of informal settlers

By Zinnia B. Dela Peña (The Philippine Star) | Updated October 7, 2014 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines - The government has turned over P3.78 billion to the National Housing Authority to cover the relocation and resettlement of informal dwellers living in hazardous areas in Metro Manila.

Under the 2014 national budget, P5.49 billion had been earmarked for the relocation of informal settler families. Prior to the latest release, P600 million had already been disbursed.

The money would go to NHA’s land development and construction of low-rise buildings (LRBs) that accommodate 1,234 units and 10,546 units respectively.

 “This move is part of the Aquino administration’s continuing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of these families, given the constant problem of flooding in Metro Manila,” said Budget Secretary Florencio “Butch” Abad.

 “With this fund release, the NHA can build stronger homes in safer areas – whether within the city or outside – as well as ensure the protection of these families during calamities or emergencies, like typhoons and heavy rains,” Abad added.

 Abad  said the NHA’s relocation and resettlement program serves multiple purposes.  First, it supports our local governments in providing housing and assistance and ensures the families’ safety in danger zones.  Second, the relocation will help improve the sanitation and disaster-preparedness in problem areas in Metro Manila.

The program is also pursuant to a Supreme Court directing the clean up of the three-meter easement of the Pasig River and its tributaries by 2015.
______________________________________________________________

real estate central philippines
Copyright ©2008-2017