PHILIPPINE REAL ESTATE and RELATED NEWS in and around the country . . .
.
.

P1.8-B flood project in Camanava long delayed

07/27/2008 [ tribune.net.ph ]

The controversial P1.8 billion Camanava Flood Control Project is behind its completion date, reason why most parts of Malabon and Navotas are always flooded.

The project, under Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH)-Camanava Flood Control Project director Carla Bartolo, was supposed to mitigate floodings in Camanava area during heavy rains and high tide.

Sen. Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr., chairman of the Senate committee on Department of Public Works and Highways, recently inspected the Camanava Flood Control Project to personally check the actual status of the project.

Although the project is already 88 percent complete with remaining 12 percent unfinished portion, it is 13 percent behind its completion date which was supposed to be completed last February.

Revilla admitted many of the low-lying barangays in Caloocan, Malabon, Navotas and Valenzuela are still being flooded during high tide and especially during rainy season.

“We must stop pointing fingers and blaming each other, we must determine the problem and concentrate on coming up with a viable solution to solve the problem,” Revilla said.

Revilla added it is still early to speculate on whether the project has some defects on its design because it is not yet completed.

“I think the problem is the lack of coordination between the MMDA (Metropolitan Manila Development Authority), DPWH and the local government units,” Revilla said.

Meanwhile, Bartolo said the project would be beneficial to millions of residents of Camanava area, assuring them floods would be minimized once the project is completed.

“Upon the completion of the project, if defects will be found within one year, contractors will make remedial works on the project without any expense from the government,” Bartolo said.
Mina Diaz

__________________________________________________________________

real estate central philippines
Copyright ©2008-2017